Next up is the spy ‘thriller’ which follows Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which I read earlier this year. What did I make of this one I hear you ask. Well I think the answer is underwhelmed. The first 400 pages or so are pretty engaging and leave you wondering how this could possibly resolve itself. The end, not convinced. Jerry deserts his post in an unconvincing manner and the actual ending feels like it was tacked on as John didn’t have a clear idea as to how he was to wrap things up. It’s a 6 out of 10 from me. Try harder next time (which I hope he does as I’ve just got Smiley’s People out of the library).
- RT @DanielHarris: Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/s… 3 days ago
- RT @EdLatimore: The grind is supposed to be a short-term method to help you achieve a long-term goal. The worst thing you can do is fall i… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Leftfield: For Keith....I don’t know why Keith took his own life but I know how lonely and difficult being in our business can be. My l… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mark_samuels: Anyone unfamiliar with late-period TalkTalk might want to read this recent revisit of the band’s seminal LP Spirit of Ede… 3 weeks ago
- RT @thethe: Very sorry to hear the news that #MarkHollis of #TalkTalk has died. He was behind some of the finest albums of the 1980s / earl… 3 weeks ago
ES Waves Media