Next up is the spy ‘thriller’ which follows Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy which I read earlier this year. What did I make of this one I hear you ask. Well I think the answer is underwhelmed. The first 400 pages or so are pretty engaging and leave you wondering how this could possibly resolve itself. The end, not convinced. Jerry deserts his post in an unconvincing manner and the actual ending feels like it was tacked on as John didn’t have a clear idea as to how he was to wrap things up. It’s a 6 out of 10 from me. Try harder next time (which I hope he does as I’ve just got Smiley’s People out of the library).
ES Waves Media
- RT @ModernToss: Happy #NationalBookloversDay https://t.co/O3VoCAoWKx 1 week ago
- RT @garystonehouse: You will struggle to find a better picture than this from any football match. Great snap by Associated Press. GET IT VI… 1 week ago
- I've favoured this on soundcloud Edit Smith - Rush (Edits Master Thief Mix) by Edit Smith soundcloud.com/edit-smith/edi… on #SoundCloud 2 weeks ago
- RT @BBC_Culture: Is this mysterious Russian radio signal actually instructing spies around the world? bbc.in/2u3TnEV @ZariaGorvett… 2 weeks ago
- RT @historylvrsclub: Mount Fuji lenticular clouds. https://t.co/pSteMdcq5D 3 weeks ago