Berlin – ‘take my breath away’. I’ve always loved this track, in no doubt in part due to the imaginary world where a smoking hot Kelly McGillis teaches me to fly fighter jets at a best of the best aviation academy whilst simultaneously falling for me. The sound of the record is however just awesome. The bright and long reverb on the snare and that on the synth that provides the main theme to the song make it come alive and adds a fantasy element that fires the imagination. It’s such a contrast to the homogenised sound of today. It has a sense of space, something modern-day chart pop doesn’t. A great melodramatic song.
- RT @DanielHarris: Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar. twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/s… 3 days ago
- RT @EdLatimore: The grind is supposed to be a short-term method to help you achieve a long-term goal. The worst thing you can do is fall i… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Leftfield: For Keith....I don’t know why Keith took his own life but I know how lonely and difficult being in our business can be. My l… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mark_samuels: Anyone unfamiliar with late-period TalkTalk might want to read this recent revisit of the band’s seminal LP Spirit of Ede… 3 weeks ago
- RT @thethe: Very sorry to hear the news that #MarkHollis of #TalkTalk has died. He was behind some of the finest albums of the 1980s / earl… 3 weeks ago
ES Waves Media