Berlin – ‘take my breath away’. I’ve always loved this track, in no doubt in part due to the imaginary world where a smoking hot Kelly McGillis teaches me to fly fighter jets at a best of the best aviation academy whilst simultaneously falling for me. The sound of the record is however just awesome. The bright and long reverb on the snare and that on the synth that provides the main theme to the song make it come alive and adds a fantasy element that fires the imagination. It’s such a contrast to the homogenised sound of today. It has a sense of space, something modern-day chart pop doesn’t. A great melodramatic song.
ES Waves Media
- I've favoured this on soundcloud Tilt & Maria Nayler - Angry Skies (Quivver Mix) by ForYoSoul soundcloud.com/foryosoul/tilt… on #SoundCloud 5 hours ago
- RT @sturdyAlex: The ease with which shysters who sold #Brexit shrug off their lies is nothing short of gobsmacking. Compare these two Chris… 22 hours ago
- RT @NickdeSemlyen: Say what you will about Blade Runner's dystopian future, but at least it's always dead easy to park. https://t.co/MclYCG… 2 days ago
- I've favoured this on soundcloud Sasha & John Digweed - Twilo, New York - 29.05.1999 by sasha nabs soundcloud.com/sashanabs/sash… on #SoundCloud 3 days ago
- I've favoured this on soundcloud Spotlight Mix: Stevie Best by @d8atransmission soundcloud.com/data-transmiss… on #SoundCloud 4 days ago