Berlin – ‘take my breath away’. I’ve always loved this track, in no doubt in part due to the imaginary world where a smoking hot Kelly McGillis teaches me to fly fighter jets at a best of the best aviation academy whilst simultaneously falling for me. The sound of the record is however just awesome. The bright and long reverb on the snare and that on the synth that provides the main theme to the song make it come alive and adds a fantasy element that fires the imagination. It’s such a contrast to the homogenised sound of today. It has a sense of space, something modern-day chart pop doesn’t. A great melodramatic song.
ES Waves Media
- RT @matthewherbert: off the scale. best interview i’ve ever read. extraordinary accomplishments. extraordinary life. extraordinary musica… 2 months ago
- open.spotify.com/track/55rXjXKe… 2 months ago
- open.spotify.com/track/5FJrcJhJ… 2 months ago
- open.spotify.com/track/6BvMRyME… 2 months ago
- open.spotify.com/track/0etlrfsR… 2 months ago